Sharing is caring!Facebook1Twitter0Google+0Pinterest0Nigerian soldiers attached to “Operation Lafiya Dole” in the northeast on Thursday thwarted an at...
Nigerian soldiers attached to “Operation Lafiya Dole” in the northeast on Thursday thwarted an attempt by a female victim of Boko Haram to launch a suicide bomb attack, Premium Times reports.
The incident occurred at Rann, in Kala Balge Local Government Area of Borno State, military sources familiar with the development said.
According to Premium Times, the suspect is a girl who had been kidnapped before by Boko Haram.
The insurgents strapped her with a suicide vest and let her loose into a crowded neighbourhood in downtown Rann which is about 170 kilometres northeast of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
But a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force working with the Nigerian soldiers “dived and held” her and prevented her from detonating the explosives.
The vest was removed from her. She told troops that she was kidnapped by insurgents on her way to Gamboru town when she was abducted by Boko Haram.