Sharing is caring!Facebook0Twitter0Google+0Pinterest0 The chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) Barrister Abdullahi Muktar Muha...
The chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) Barrister Abdullahi Muktar Muhammed has confirmed the death of 54 Nigerians from the stampede that occurred in Saudi Arabia in the process of stoning the devil last week Friday.
Speaking with journalist in Makkah last night, Muhammed said 42 out of the 54 that died were from states pilgrims welfare board while 16 were those brought to Saudi Arabia by tour operators. He said 2 officials of NAHCON also died in the stampede. According to him, the dead Nigerians were from Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Borno, Zamfara, Cross River, Jigawa, Kano, Kogi and Kebbi states.
Regarding some missing pilgrims, Muhammed said there are hopes that they will still be found alive and that a committee to go in search of the missing pilgrims has been constituted.