Sharing is caring!Facebook0Twitter0Google+0Pinterest0 Abuja was at a stand still today, April 12, 2014 as President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan gave out h...
Abuja was at a stand still today, April 12, 2014 as President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan gave out his daughter’s hand in holy matrimony to Godswill Edward at Abuja Ecumenical Center with reception at the International Conference Centre.
Lots of factors contributed in making this day a memorable day in the lives of Faith Sakwe and Godswill Edward but here are 7 important highlights of the event
1. A host of important personalities from far and near were present at this occasion: the Vice President and wife, Former Presidents Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo, governors, senators, PDP officials, top business tycoons were all in attendance.
2. Vote of thanks and wise words by the Father of the day His Excellency, President Goodluck Jonathan: he played a perfect role as a father when he urged the newly wedded couple to avoid consulting a third party in times of trouble.
““My advice is that, today is a very special day we are all smiling and dancing but also note that there will be periods when the relationship will not work smoothly. That is a part of the life of husband and wife,” he said.
3. More advice from the chairman of the occasion, Former Head of State Yakubu Gowon: “Marriage is about give and take. No matter the problem that may come your way, never allow the day to pass without resolving the problem through prayers and love. It is only you that can make it a success. Look at your parents and emulate them,” he said.
4. The fabulous wedding gown, the beautiful carriage and also the cake which was directed by the wife of the Senate President David Mark while different dignitaries like the wife of former vice president Atiku Abubakar gave their observations during the cutting of the cake.
5. Two of Nigeria’s finest artistes D’banj and Inyaya were also present to treat the guests to sizzling tunes.